VMIX Call - A Tutorial
How to present at WSC Conference 2021.
All you need to know.
The interfaceFirstly - Thank you for choosing to be a part of this virtual conference. We hope that your experience presenting and participating through this virtual platform would be as rewarding as being in the room with us. This year we are using a software called VMix to provide the technical back end for this years Water Sensitive Cities Conference.
When do I join in?In order to ensure conference runs smoothly, we ask that you would connect through our virtual green room no later than 15 minutes prior to your presentation. This will give our team adequate time to test your connection, along with your audio and video inputs. If you are unable to connect at this time, please contact our team using the details provided to you in our FAQ.
How do I access the system?Joining us is simple! All that you need to do is visit a website, allow your browser permissions to access the microphone and webcam and you will be automatically directed to our virtual green room. Before you do this, there are a few things we want to double check.
- Please ensure that you in a quiet space with adequate lighting.
- Ensure you have a headset and microphone connected to your laptop or mobile device
- Please ensure you have a good quality WIFI or 4G connection.
- If you are unable to connect or only see a blank screen please contact our team as soon as possible.
- This system will work best with Google Chrome and FireFox on Windows, Mac and Android. As well as iOS devices (iPhone, iPad) using the Safari browser.
How do I log on?Logging on is simple! All that you need to do is visit the weblink that will be been sent in your final speaker confirmation email no later than 24 hours before your presentation. For today, you can trial this on the web link below. If you do not receive a link within 24 hours of presentation please get in touch with our tech team.
- Double check your presentation time to ensure you are not too early
- Run through our last minute check list
- Click the link to join the call!
- Your browser will ask you for permission to access your camera and microphone
- Ensure you click ALLOW
- Welcome to the virtual green room!
- Your camera feed will appear in a small red box
- You will be able to chat with our producers in Melbourne
- We will complete your audio and video checks to ensure you are ready to go!
How do I share my presentation?When your call is connected you will notice a menu bar appear at the bottom of your screen when you move your mouse. The button next to the microphone will allow you to choose to share your screen. You will be able to choose to share either your whole screen, a certain application or a certain tab within your Google Chrome browser. If you wish to share a video or audio presentation please contact our team directly.
- Please ensure that you have all windows and applications closed on your computer except your Vmixcall and your presentation
- Click on the 'Toggle Share Screen' icon next to the microphone.
- Navigate through the menu pop up and choose the application or window you wish to share.
- We do not recommend sharing your whole desktop - Only the application required for your presentation.
- Vmixcall will bring your shared application up to the front of your screen and begin sharing your screen with us.
- Navigate back to the Vmixcall window in Google Chrome or your browser of choice to view the green room again.
- You can now click on the Screen Sharing icon to toggle between your camera and your screen share.
- Your microphone will remain active whilst you are sharing your screen.
How do I end the call?Simply click on the red phone icon to hang up when you are done!
Can I make myself bigger?You can drag the red box with your image anywhere around the screen. To make it larger or smaller click on the bottom right hand corner and drag the box to your desired size.
My screen is frozen - How do I reconnect?All you need to do is hit refresh on your browser and it will pull you back into the call! If you have ongoing trouble, please reach out to our tech team.
Can I tee up a test call?Absolutely! One of our team will be reaching out before your presentation to take you through a test call. If you would like to touch base before we get to you, please feel free!
How do I get in touch with your tech team?Please email or call Jamie Ewert from the CRCWSC or
Matt Wong (matt@) and Daniel Connellan (daniel@) at inspire-design.com.au
Ready to dive in?Click the link below.